A new wave of epidemics is raging in China. Recently, Liu Qu, the chief official of the Longgang (Shenzhen) Epidemic Prevention and Control Center and former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, passed away due to sickness. Officials did not disclose the exact cause. Earlier this year, an official from the Health Commission of Hongkou District in Shanghai was reported to have committed suicide.

The Paper on December 13 reported that the obituary provided by the Longgang Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Shenzhen, showed that Liu Qu had died due to illness in Longgang at 7:41 p.m. on December 9, at the age of 57.

The article said during the epidemic period, Liu Qu acted as the leader of the professional steering group for disease prevention and took charge of the entire epidemic prevention work.

After investigation, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website was found to be inaccessible, and the Shenzhen Center for Disease Control and Prevention did not disclose the relevant information. The article did not give specific reasons.

The news of Liu Qu’s passing triggered a heated discussion among citizens. Vision Times quoted some as follows:

 “What disease did he die of? He just all of sudden, had it?”

“Is it death from COVID?”

 “Why did he suddenly die? Didn’t he have any symptoms at all?”

Recently, many CCP members have also died from the epidemic, such as Wang Ruoji, a former player of the Shenyang Jinde team, who passed away on December 12 in China. He was only 37 years old. The cause of death is believed to be COVID, with underlying diseases.

Earlier this year, many officials from China’s health ministry died. For example, on April 14, the Health Committee of Hongkou District, Shanghai, said committee member, 55 years-old Qian Wenxiong, passed away on the afternoon of April 12. The article did not mention the cause of Qian’s death, but on April 13, news that Qian committed suicide in his office spread on the Internet.

Moreover, in the early days of the outbreak, according to Hunan Daily, on January 21, 2020, Li Wenjie was transferred to the COVID Prevention and Control Headquarters in Zhangjiajie to be responsible for reporting information about the pandemic. After learning that the city had one case, Li Wenjie was afraid that he and his family would be infected, so he withdrew from work and flew to Thailand with his family on January 30 to seek refuge. During this time, Li lied to his work unit that his mother was in close contact with the cases in Wuhan, so he isolated himself at home. After being repeatedly persuaded to return to the agency, Li Wenjie returned to Zhangjiajie from Thailand by plane on the afternoon of February 9 and was fired immediately. His other issues are still under investigation.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.